Monday, January 6, 2014

Train Toy Chest

Okay, so suddenly our 2 year old loves trains! He hasn't really showed a real interest in anything like Disney shows or any brand-name toys (We don't let him watch cable TV so we weren't too surprised at this) but, Thomas the train really makes him light up. So my husband and I decided we would like to add a few pieces of train-themed furniture to his room. Currently his room is pretty neutral, light woods, greens and browns.

For his toy chest we have this chest that we got and its a bit damaged on the corners and the bottom but I'm thinking some love, sandpaper, and paint we will have it looking gorgeous! It was given to us for free so we will work with what we got to make it just what we need.

After lots of work I finally turned this toy chest into a perfect Train toy chest. I went with Toby the train since he was square. I used my Silhouette to help with some of the design but I ended up painting most of him by hand. 

He fits in great in the play area in our living room with the car table I did for him last year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment