Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Fun #1 - Rainbow Rice

So this summer I am trying out lots of crafty, sensory play, fun things to keep us busy. First up we made rainbow rice. It was a total hit and super easy to make.
What I used:

  • Pan, lined with foil
  • Dry rice - (Dry beans are also in this picture we are going to try dying them too, I'll post about how that goes later)
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Paper bowl
  • Spoon
  • Gloves
  • Rubber gloves
  • Spoon
  • Measuring spoon


Poor one cup of rice into the bowl. Add about 2-3 teaspoons of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of food coloring. Stir till all the rice is coated. Pour the rice onto the pan, then repeat with different colors. 
I was able to fit about 3 colors on a pan. 

I put each pan in the oven for about 10 min on the lowest temperature it would go to. I think 170 degrees. It helped dry the rice quickly. I then poured the rice into a big rubbermaid container. A couple little bowls and cups and my little one was having a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment