Sunday, January 11, 2015

Train PVC storage

So I was tired of the bucket of trains being dumped all over the floor so I found this great storage idea on Pinterest (of course!).
Link where I got the idea! (Scroll down to number 9)

Supplies:
3- 5ft tubes of PVC cut into 3" pieces. We used the 2 inch diameter. It gave us about 60 pieces. We used this size since the majority of the Take n' go Thomas trains are 1 to 1½ inches tall.
1 Tube of Plumbers PVC superglue.
2 Cans of spray paint. My little one picked green.
4 Caps and 4 screws for mounting.


They were pretty messy after we cut them so some sanding fixed them up.

I did a quick coat of paint before we glued them together just to make sure the middle pieces were completely covered. 


I glued them altogether with a super messy but nice and strong PVC plumbers super glue. I left some odd spaced gaps on purpose so that some of his trains that were bigger than the pipes could have a spot too. We glued on the caps and drilled holes for the screws. We made sure that at least 2 of the 4 screws went into studs just because it is fairly heavy and the metal dye cut trains make it even more so.  




It has been a great addition to our play area. He loves putting his trains away now, and can pick out which trains he wants easily without having to dump them all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment