Sunday, October 27, 2013

Little dino 1st birthday party

Since I've been blogging lots about our upcoming 2nd birthday monster party I thought I'd add in a post about our last birthday party. My son's first birthday party was slightly combined with my husbands return from deployment and his missed birthday a month before. So, lots going on for one little boy's birthday. Although the day was aimed at the little birthday boy, there were only 2 kids who attended his birthday. Luckily he was 1 and didn't care too much. I was a little less focused on things for him at the party and more at fun for the party-goers.

We did a birthday boy shirt, I think this is something we will do every year since its very fun.

This cake I made for my husband, it was green inside too. I used the Whipped Cream brand frosting and it was so delicious, I recommend that if normal frosting isn't a big hit for you to try their stuff.
This was his smash cake. We purchased the cakes this year but I don't think we will do this again. His cake was mostly frosting and I think that I could show off my baking skills a bit and try something at home.

This was the star of the party for me. Special ordered and all. Although I wasn't a fan of the frosting or the cake, the decorations were super cute and everyone loved them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment