Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pinterest Craft 1 - Coins from our travels

I will admit I am the worst traveler. I can have it all planned out and have everything I need, but I just unravel and hate life when I am away from home. That being said, I still have been very fortunate to have traveled some. My husband, the wonderful man he is, took us on a honeymoon to England and Scotland in 2009. We visited London, York, Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Bath, and Chester. I believe we had a few tours that took us to a couple other cities but these were the highlights. Anyways, this is where I decided we needed to keep some of the coins. Something about the currency there fascinated me so we tried for one of each denomination. Well once we got home these coins sat in a bag with other mementos from our trip till just recently, four years later, I figured out what to do with them.
Obviously we need some more traveling to finish this up but it is a good start. Included is the coins from England and Scotland as well as my husband has been awesome and brought me home some coins from his deployments which took him to South Korea, Philippines, Japan, and Guam. I am in no rush to get back traveling to finish this, but I have a long life left and hopefully this project can grow closer to being completed with Adam continuing his career in the USMC and maybe some more vacations for us too.

No comments:

Post a Comment